H+U served as the General Contractor for a historic renovation of the abandoned Union Storage and Transfer complex in Fargo, North Dakota. Originally built in 1929, the building was preserved with the original brick and existing layout into upscale loft apartments, commercial, and retail space. The Historic Union combines spaces for work collaboration and comfortable downtown living. The integrity and beauty of the building was preserved allowing it to be listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Original brick walls were hand chipped, exposed concrete ceilings run throughout the building, and original concrete floors were sanded, polished, and sealed to reveal remnants of its original warehouse history.